Deputy General Director of Tax Mr. Xhavit Çurri, accompanied by the heads of the main directorates in the GDT, held today a meeting with experts and representatives of the US Department of Treasury, Technical Support Office (OTA).
The delegation consists of the Director for Revenue Advisory Program, William M.Remington, as well as by field experts Mr. David Guzy and Mrs. Kathy Robbins.
The purpose of this meeting is to lay the foundations for the development of further cooperation between the GDT and the US Department of Treasury, the Technical Assistance Office (OTA), in drafting a Tax Assistance Project Assistance, especially for the Large Taxpayers Directory .
This assistance will help increase performance, identify Tax Administration needs, provide dedicated training, and increase the experience in the field of price transfer in the field of hydrocarbons.
During his speech, the representative of the US Treasury Department, the Technical Assistance Office (OTA) William M.Remington praised the cooperation so far and said that further development is needed to have a well-defined and sustainable strategy in the future.
The main objectives of this project assistance will be:
- Increasing knowledge of business practices in the field of hydrocarbons;
- Strengthen audit procedures on the revenue generated by this sector;
- Realization of controls based on risk analysis and control strategy;
- Improving cooperation and exchange of information between the GDT and the National Natural Resources Agency (AKBN);
- Increase of skills in the audit procedures of this sector;
- Building and improving the capacity for the rules of income
- Provide dedicated training to enhance human resource abilities.
For his part, the Deputy Director General of Taxation, Chur expressed to the delegation the readiness to further enhance inter-institutional cooperation.